Tuesday 26 March 2013

Jemput Ikan Bilis









Dear readers, today is quite an eventful day for me. I have attended my first Information Technology in Business class! Well, technically I've only missed it for two sessions. :P Anyway, the class was quite.. informative, I should say? It was nothing unusual, just the normal grouping session and presenting about what are definitions of certain technological terms which are uncommon to most people. The class went well, in any case.

Side note:
The lecturer looked a bit stern when I first saw her. She has this strict, teacher looking face which could seep fear inside the hearts of those who are not strong. Except for me, of course. I noticed she took a particular interest in me earlier. Probably because of my carefree attitude while the rest of the class was being engrossed in their group discussion.

Moving on to the next class, which is Ethnic Relations, I must say I really like the lecturer. Apart from her talking at a supersonic speed, I really like the way she talk about things. It's as if she really enjoys what she's doing and that made me enjoy listening to what she has to say. She also knows what she's talking about and seemed unwavered by the occasional class disruption from one of my classmate, Idzham. There was no fear in her. She is a strong and a solid woman. And a friendly one as well. :)
Anyway, she talked about how to integrate the unity in multiracial countries such as Malaysia and how we can avoid unnecessary conflicts and bloodshed if we understand one another better. Her voice speaks of honesty and determination and I find that attractive. She really enjoys what she's doing. To the point that she doesn't care if she's sweating or tired from standing for too long. We were all mesmerized by her. Especially Idzham. To be honest, I'm not sure what's wrong with that guy. He's been quite playful recently. Something must have set him in a good mood. Hmm.. I wonder what it is..

Ah yes. I almost forgot. We had some sort of test(?) today for Pragmatics in Business and Professional Settings class. I was perplexed by the nature of the test actually. We were asked to draw a mind map of the 6 concepts of pragmatics.

Before that, I would like to elaborate on those concepts. I believe in sharing our knowledge, we will be able to make the world a much better place. As I have mentioned earlier, there are 6 concepts of pragmatics. They are DEIXIS & INFERENCES, PRESUPPOSITION AND ENTAILMENT, SPEECH ACTS AND EVENTS, COOPERATIVE PRINCIPLES, CONVERSATIONAL IMPLICATURES, CONVENTIONAL IMPLICATURES. Basically, the three latter concepts are interrelated so I linked them all together. :) ... Well, I wasn't going to *really* elaborate them all by writing my understanding of those concepts. But the links I gave you are reliable sources. :)

So, what we did was to draw a mind map based on our understanding. It was quite fun. Felt like kindergarten with all the magic colour pen and the A3 paper. Haha. Though I find mind mapping not to my liking since I'm really bad at drawing. It will kill my mood instantly the moment I start drawing anything. Seriously, I suck. I know I suck and everyone knows I suck.

By the way, one of my classmate promised me jemput ikan bilis. :D I still haven't got it yet. :(

1 comment: